Coffee Scramble Eggs






Today I'm debuting my first recipe!  It's a breakfast recipe, because, well, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day".  Personally, I'm not a big breakfast person, I usually get sick if I eat before noon.  However, I do always make a good breakfast for my family.  Most days, those breakfasts include eggs.  Eggs are wonderful for their protein content and versatility in recipes.  But they can also take a long time to cook depending on what kind of eggs you're making. 

With that in mind, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite quick and nutritious breakfasts:  coffee scramble eggs.  With just a few ingredients and a microwave, you can have a delicious and healthy breakfast in less than 3 minutes that you can even take on-the-go!


What you'll need (per serving):
1 coffee cup
cooking spray
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. shredded cheese
salt, pepper, and any other favorite egg seasonings (I like a tiny bit of paprika sprinkled in mine)


Preparation (approx. time=1 min):
 1. Spray the inside of your coffee cup with cooking spray so that the eggs don't stick.
2. In a cereal or small mixing bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and, if desired, extra shredded cheese (I always do this, I love cheese!) and whisk until blended with a fork.


Cooking(approx. time=90 seconds):
1. Pour egg mixture into cup
2. microwave for 45 seconds
3. Stir, then microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds (I recommend doing the full 45 unless your microwave cooks really fast).
4. Top with the 2 tbsp. shredded cheese, sprinkle with salt & pepper, add other seasonings if you desire.  Sometimes I also like to top this off with a tiny dollop of sour cream. Let sit until cheese is melted.
5. Enjoy!

I hope this helps the next day you're rushing or just looking for a quick meal, and it beats the heck out of a protein shake!

Thanks to The Incredible Egg website for providing me with the recipe (and many other fantastic ones as well!), the image was created by me on Polyvore.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Girlgamesh @ Polyvore


Get your own Mini Editor from Polyvore