Today I'm debuting my first recipe! It's a breakfast recipe, because, well, "breakfast is the most important meal of the day". Personally, I'm not a big breakfast person, I usually get sick if I eat before noon. However, I do always make a good breakfast for my family. Most days, those breakfasts include eggs. Eggs are wonderful for their protein content and versatility in recipes. But they can also take a long time to cook depending on what kind of eggs you're making.
With that in mind, I'd like to introduce you to one of my favorite quick and nutritious breakfasts: coffee scramble eggs. With just a few ingredients and a microwave, you can have a delicious and healthy breakfast in less than 3 minutes that you can even take on-the-go!
What you'll need (per serving):
1 coffee cup
2 large eggs
2 tbsp. milk
2 tbsp. shredded cheese
salt, pepper, and any other favorite egg seasonings (I like a tiny bit of paprika sprinkled in mine)
Preparation (approx. time=1 min):
1. Spray the inside of your coffee cup with cooking spray so that the eggs don't stick.
2. In a cereal or small mixing bowl, combine the milk, eggs, and, if desired, extra shredded cheese (I always do this, I love cheese!) and whisk until blended with a fork.
Cooking(approx. time=90 seconds):
1. Pour egg mixture into cup
2. microwave for 45 seconds
3. Stir, then microwave for an additional 30-45 seconds (I recommend doing the full 45 unless your microwave cooks really fast).
4. Top with the 2 tbsp. shredded cheese, sprinkle with salt & pepper, add other seasonings if you desire. Sometimes I also like to top this off with a tiny dollop of sour cream. Let sit until cheese is melted.
I hope this helps the next day you're rushing or just looking for a quick meal, and it beats the heck out of a protein shake!
Thanks to The Incredible Egg website for providing me with the recipe (and many other fantastic ones as well!), the image was created by me on Polyvore.
My Other Blog
- Just another blogger tryin' to keep it honest, subjecting myself to life's experiments and learning a little more along the way. I'm an ecclectic personality with an ever-evolving love for finding creative outlets, a thirst for knowledge, peace, and vintage glamour. I live in the midwest, have two wonderful boys, and am studying to become an archeologist.
Powered by Blogger.